I work at Southwest Wisconsin Technical College in Fennimore, WI. Fennimore has a population of 2500. I've decided that, today anyway, Fennimore is a city (town? village? hamlet?) of contrasts. I was driving back from a meeting and in the middle of a "major" intersection was a very large round bale of hay. And three cops. And several people. It was causing a traffic jam. I found this absolutely hysterical at the time (I'm still adjusting to rural life) and had to call my urban dwelling friends. On the other hand, I stopped into one of the bakeries (The Cottage Baker, to be precise) and bought two loaves of bread. One, called "Shepherd's Loaf" is the absolute closest thing I've ever tasted to the really really good french bread some bakeries in Paris produce. Not as crusty, but the aroma and flavor were dead on. I also stopped at Carr Valley cheese and bought a blue sheep's milk and a smooth, nutty goat's milk. Mmmmm....so yes....Paris-like bread and hay bale traffic jams. Ah, Fennimore...truly "the city on the move." (I have no idea what that means by the way, I assume it has something to do with that train in the photo).


This entry was posted on 2/26/2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: