I am a messy person. However, I hate living in a messy house. It stresses me out. I cannot relax when I know that the kitchen floor is sprinkled with dog hair or the bathtub needs to be scrubbed. I also do not feel that it is my sole responsibility to clean just because I am the only occupant of the house with a uterus (except may the turtle, althought she may be a boy, and I'm not sure if turtles even have uteruses...or is it uteri????). And this causes a strain on my marriage because my husband is also messy and does not enjoy being told he has to help me clean.

Anywho, it has been my life long dream (or at least my moving out of my parent's house dream) to have a cleaning lady. I always decided it would be my one indulgence in life if I could ever afford it. We don't have cable, our internet is free, and we are very good about living within our budget and saving everything we can. Well, as I am currently working three jobs and would rather enjoy my time at home than stress about it, I decided to hire somebody to come once a month, I'll take care of it the rest of the time.

She came for the first time today. We got home from work and school and opened the door to a house that smells like lemons. The blanket on the couch is folded. The shelves are dusted. There is not a dog hair to be found on the kitchen floor. The bathtub is scrubbed. The dishwasher is filled. I am in heaven.


This entry was posted on 4/14/2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

    Lindsay said...

    Good for you! I have been begging Art to let me hire someone just to dust (he says there is no reason we can't do it, but he certainly doesn't dust) Enjoy her, I'm so jealous!

  1. ... on 4/15/2009  
  2. Anonymous said...

    Does Mr. Mike get a washer-"lady" or "man" to help him with his appointed task? Only fair I think.

  3. ... on 4/16/2009