Is it just me or is Thanksgiving rapidly becoming a forgotten holiday?  The fact that stores were stocking Christmas crap next to the Halloween flotsam just a few weeks ago with nary a turkey in sight makes me wonder.  And there are a whole heckava lot of Christmas decorations up already.  Not that I'm complaining (well, I'm complaining about the Christmas decorations, but that is another rant).  A holiday centered around a giant pile of meat isn't really my cup of tea.  Perhaps Thanksgiving should be renamed the Day-To-Hang-Out-With-The-"Other"-Side-Of-The-Family (you know, the one you don't like as much).  Or perhaps its true purpose could be teaching children about the importance of a hearty meal before venturing out in the middle of the night to buy a bunch of stuff* you didn't realize you needed until you saw it advertised in the Black Friday insert.  I'll get off my soapbox now and eat my tofurky quietly. Thank you for your attention.

*How much did you have the SPEND to save $3000? That's all I'm asking! 

Notice the Christmas crap already available for your holiday viewing pleasure on Nov 13.



This entry was posted on 11/16/2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Lindsay said...

    Silly girl! Don't you know that Thanksgiving is all about us thanking the Native Americans for giving us all their land and food while we annihilate them with war and disease?

  1. ... on 11/18/2010