Six months ago today I went to work really really tired of being pregnant (but with two weeks to go until my due date). I'd been having contractions for three weeks and I was sick of it.  So I sat on my exercise ball at my desk and complained to anybody who would listen.

At 12:30 I left for a 1:15 a follow up appointment from the day before as I was significantly effaced and somewhat dialated and doc wanted to check my progress. A few minutes into my appointment my water broke.  The doc was about to send us home with instructions to come back in eight hours if things weren't progressing.  Then, she checked the baby's position one last time.  She looked chagrinned.  "I'm not sure that's her head I'm feeling."  A few minutes later I sat alone in a dark X-ray lab staring at a photo that quite clearly showed a head up, butt down, feet up her nose baby.  I got an intrathecal and the doctor attempted to turn her.  It became pretty clear that the wee one had no interest in being head down and they quickly went to c-section.  At 4:40pm Nora Adalyn Carroll, all 5 lbs 14 ounces of her, was born.  Mike's first words?  "It IS a girl!"  Mine? "She's an angry little elf."


This entry was posted on 12/08/2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: