2008 was a massive year for us. I finished my Masters in May and started a new job two days later. Mike is now halfway done with his apprenticeship classes. We got married on October 4th. We lived through a hurricane on our honeymoon. Mike lost his cousin Sarah in a car accident in December. We traveled to Virginia (twice), Pennsylvania, Las Vegas, and St. Martaan. I traveled to Colorado with my mom. We bought a new car and sold the old one. We remodeled a house and moved (and are in the process of purchasing it). We did a lot of camping and discovered a new "favorite" state park (Perrot, near La Crosse). We spent time with friends and family and the dogs. We laughed, cried, lost ourselves, found ourselves, and got lost again. (But we have a GPS now, so it will be okay).
Hiking near Fort Collins, CO with Brendan and Loki. (March)

All ed-u-macated. (May)
Climbing trees at Perrot State Park. (June)
Canoeing the Black River. (July)
Mike and Abby in Vegas. (August)

First dance. (October)

Hitched. (October)

At Auntie Julie's while we are on our honeymoon. (October)

Snorkeling on St. Martaan. (October)


"New" house and backyard. (November)

"New" car...2008 Ford Escape Hybrid. (November)


In many ways, I hope 2009 will be a little less eventful; I think I'd like to limit things to one life-changing event per year, thank you very much. My plans/wishes for 2009...

1) That we are able to take a camping trip in the Black Hills/Rockies, tentatively planned for around Memorial Day.
2) That our jobs are secure in the face of the economy.
3) That we get in some winter camping now that we've got the time and the equipment and get more summer camping in than last year (since wedding events got in the way).
4) That I can get a part-time (or full-time, even better) teaching position at SWTC.
5) That we get the mortgage all finalized (I've been dragging my feet on this one).
6) That Mike gets all the apprenticeship stuff straightened out and doesn't have any more issues with the DWD.
7) That our family and friends stay healthy and safe and secure in their jobs.
8) That we are able to continue increasing our savings each month.
9) That my brother gets into the physical therapy school of his choice and Mike's sister gets into the nursing school of her choice.
10) That our marriage continues to grow, deepen, and thrive as life happens.

Happy New Year!
Have a glass of champagne for me at midnight.
I'm sure I'll be asleep by 10:00!


This entry was posted on 12/31/2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Lud said...

    happy new year (:

  1. ... on 12/31/2008