What a weekend! My parents came up on Friday night, Saturday afternoon we headed to Madison and went out to celebrate my birthday. We were joined by Julie and Brad, Sarah and Joe, and Julie's parents. We had a delightful dinner at L'Etoile...mine consisted of onion and custard and wine and sorbet and salad and truffles and cheesy things and delightfulness. There were wine flights and cheesecake and lots of bacon and much happiness. Sarah and Joe gave me a vegetarian cookbook, Julie's parents gave me one of her father's photos (he is talented and I've been coveting the ones he gave Julie for quite some time). Julie gave me the promise of an afghan. (You better finish it soon, lady! My feet are cold.) Afterward, we headed to the (possibly folding) Overture Center to see Cirque Eloize perform Nebbia. It was everything French-Canadian circuses are supposed to be - whimsical, physics defying, and just plain weird. Apparently it had a plot. I didn't understand it one bit. I still enjoyed myself.

There were at least two people at dinner with cameras. I was not one of them. Should they send me some photos I shall post them...hint...hint...

In the meantime, enjoy some photos of our 60 degree hike at Wyalusing. It was beautiful. PERFECT hiking weather. Just a wee bit muddy...yeah...we had to power wash our boots. Oh, and in case you were wondering, yes, there is a monument to the passenger pigeon located in southwest Wisconsin.



This entry was posted on 3/16/2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: