If you've been to our house, you may have noticed the fact that the living room is effectively naked. At least we have furniture and aren't all sitting on the doggy bed anymore. However, we have a ginormous window in the front of our house and I've decided to be fed up with the neighbors being able to get the Carroll Family Variety Hour free of charge every evening (not that it is a very good show...Mike playing video games, me knitting/reading...don't think we'd do so well in the Neilsen's). Even more obnoxious is the gigantic nude wall that just embarrasses itself on a daily basis. PUT SOME CLOTHES ON. It was time to do something about it.

Hoorah for JC Penny, January sales, and my mom. I've ordered blinds, curtains, bookshelves, and a coffee table. With furniture and windows taken care of, I moved on to artwork. I've been trying to decorate our walls with art done by people that I know. My brother's friend Shawn gave us an incredible underwater photograph of a sea turtle for our wedding. I printed three photos of objects (a pumpkin, a goblet, and wheat) that our photographer took at the wedding and framed those as well. I recently stumbled across the artwork of an old friend from high school and "commissioned" a painting from her. We picked it up on our way home from Iowa City last night. It is painted on an old window and is fabulous and is going to look great in the living room once we hang it.


I spent the afternoon making two shadowboxes to compliment the painting. I have one more in mind, but am waiting for supplies to arrive. I ran to a craft store this afternoon to get supplies and got CARDED when I attemped to buy spray adhesive. Apparently I look 17. It's a good thing I wasn't trying to buy wine.



I've asked another friend who does beautiful whimsical drawings from photographs to sketch three photos from my semester abroad in France. I can't wait to see how they turn out.




This entry was posted on 1/19/2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Keri Speidel said...

    ooooh, looks good! Can't wait to see it on the wall :)

  1. ... on 1/20/2009